The PawCheck® General Wellness Test is a 3-in-1 Test for the early screening of Occult Blood in urine, Diabetes and Kidney Failure.
The PawCheck® General Wellness Test detects 3 key parameters in pet urine: Blood, Glucose and Protein.
1. HEMATURIA is a condition which causes blood to be present in urine and indicates serious underlying diseases ranging from infection or inflammation of the urinary tract to cancer.
2. DIABETES: Glucose in urine is an indication of Diabetes which is caused by a relative or an absolute deficiency of insulin, due to pancreatic or hormonal dysfunction. Insulin is responsible for maintaining glucose, or sugar, at balanced levels, and to prevent it from accumulating in the blood and spilling into urine.
The following symptoms in Dogs and Cats with Diabetes can be observed:
- Sudden weight loss or gain
- Excessive drinking and urination
- General fatigue
If detected early, Diabetes can be managed through proper veterinary care, special diet and adequate exercise. Middle aged and overweight pets are at risk.
3. KIDNEY FAILURE: Protein is an indicator of Kidney Failure. Too frequently, this condition is detected at a late stage.
Some symptoms associated with Kidney Failure are:
- Increased water consumption
- Increased urination
- Weight loss
With the PawCheck® General Wellness Test, pet parents have an affordable tool to screen their pets at an early stage. A positive result requires veterinary care.